ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.I did not give at the examination as my circumstances are bad.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: ssc cgl tier 1 8 09 2016 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | sentence improvement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.
I did not give at the examination as my circumstances are bad.
1). write
2). sit
3). appear
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
option 3 : appear is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My brother said that /(B) he preferred the white/(C) shirt than the black one/(D) which I usually wore./(E) No Error.

2. Laying off of thousands of workers is inevitable under the new economic policy.

3. There is no love lost between any two neighbouring countries in the world .

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A person who loves cemeteries

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". Take out your binoculars and (will see) the Andromeda galaxy. 

6. Fill in the blanks with appropriate option. The minister has ______ the allegations of corruption made against him.

7. Select the phrase/ connector (it must be at the start) from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984. Rajiv Gandhi became the Prime Minister. (i) When Indira Gandhi... (ii) Only before Rajiv Gandhi... (iii) Having been assassinated...

8. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately.Find out the appropriate word in each case. Around the world forests are being(191) at a rate of a

9. Fish out of water

10. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.The plane was too(A)/ far away that it was(B)/just a dot in the sky.(C)/No error(D)