ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word without changing the meaning of the passage.Lately, the media s

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2004     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word without changing the meaning of the passage.

Lately, the media seems to have gone berserk in ?..(216).... every thing that pertains to the New Economy. Behind the great bulk of articles on the subject are two ?..(217)... assumptions. First, that the New Economy business are likely to push Old Economy industries all the way into oblivion. Second, that ?.(218).... about the New Economy is far superior to that of the Old Economy.
Both those emphatic assumptions could be ?.(219)... flawed. Physical products---the cornerstone of the Old Economy -- are hardly likely to ?.(220)... out in importance even in the age of the Internet. After, all, the consumption of physical goods is hardly going down.
In everything - from steel to automobiles - ?.(221).... is going up. But above and beyond all all this, the New Economy also needs Old Economy products to survive. You can sell goods on the Internet, after all, only if ?..(222).... is producing those goods. Beside which, people still want all those Old Economy goods.
As far as the second point is concerned, the one big weakness about the New Economy is that it is ?.(223).... more volatile that the Old Economy. The rate of evolution of products -- the cru of the Old Economy - will ?.(224)... always be slower than the rate of the growth and proliferation of new ideas on any given subject.
And hence, the Old economy (based on products) will always be relatively more ?..(225)... than the New Economy (based largely on ideas)

1). Obviously
2). Reportedly
3). Naturally
4). Intrinsically

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Obviously : - is correct hence option 1

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.A chill wind blew (1)/ and icy fingers of death (2)/ crept up my spine. (3)/ No error (4).

2. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Two men were once walking along a forest path, talking of courage and loyalty. The bigger one, who had a gun, was boasting of his own bravery and fidelity, when suddenly a large bear came

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.Intrepid

4. In the following question, four alternatives are given for the idiom/phrase in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom / phrase. Reading between the lines I realised that my friend wanted to keep something from me.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.When I was young, (1)/ I used to collect stamp (2)/ as a hobby. (3)/ No error. (4).

6. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Losing the kingdom in a game of dice, Nala is ________, along with the beautiful Damayanti, also a princess, from his land.

7. Fill in the blank in the sentence given below with the correct option. Whatever the problem may be, you ________ with it. There's no use ____ time.

8. The following question contains two sentences with one blank each. Choose the option that best fits in both the blanks. Although many people consider our boss's impatience as a _______, I view it as a passion to get things done. Rita's habit of talking before thinking is her most unpleasant _______.

9. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. It’s a difficult task to _____ all of the migrants who have died _____traveling to Europe, whether they perished while cros

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The Prime Minister was asked (1)/ to write a forward (2)/ to the book. (3)/No error. (4).