ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the given questions, two quantities are given, one as Quantity I and another as Quantity II. You have to determine relationship between two quantities and choose the appropriate option.a: If quantity I ? quantity IIb: If quantity I > quantity IIc: If quantity I < quantity IId: If quantity I = quantity II or the relationship cannot be established from the information that is givene: If quantity quantity II

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: rbi     | rbi grade b     | rbi grade b 4th sep 2016     | time and work     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

In the given questions, two quantities are given, one as Quantity I and another as Quantity II. You have to determine relationship between two quantities and choose the appropriate option.

a: If quantity I ? quantity II
b: If quantity I > quantity II
c: If quantity I < quantity II
d: If quantity I = quantity II or the relationship cannot be established from the information that is given
e: If quantity quantity II

Three workers A, B and C complete a given piece of work within different time spans, while working individually. What is the ratio of efficiencies of C and B respectively ?
I. A takes 100% more time than C to complete the given piece of work.
II. B completes the given piece of work within 8 days.
III. B takes 2 days less than A to complete the given piece of work.
1). Question cannot be answered even with the information in all thre statements.
2). All of the three
3). Only II and III
4). II and either only I or only III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Clearly, we require all the statements as only then we can find the relation among A,B and C

From I,II & III : Time taken by B to complete the work = 8 days

=> Time taken by A to complete the work = 8 + 2 = 10 days

Time taken by C = $\frac{100}{200} \times 10 = 5$ days

We know that, $\text{efficiency} \propto \frac{1}{time}$

=> Ratio of efficiencies of C and B respectively = 8 : 5

Thus, all the statements are sufficient.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Two workers A and B are engaged to do a piece of work. A working alone would take 8 hours more to complete the work than when work together. If B worked alone, would take $4\frac{1}{2}$ hours more than when work together. The time required to finish the work together is

2.  Kamal can do a work in 15 days. Bimal is 50% more efficient than Kamal. The number of days, Bimal will take to do the same piece of work, is

3. Amar is 2 times as good a workman as Badal and therefore is able to finish a job in 15 days less than Badal. In how many days can they together complete the job?

4. 2 children and 3 men can do a work in 12 days while 3 children and 2 men can do the same work in 10 days. How many days it will take to complete the same work if 1 child and 1 man work together?

5.  A, B and C together earn Rs. 300 per day, while A and C together earn Rs. 188 and B and C together earn Rs. 152. The daily earning of C is:

6. Yesterday Shweta completed 300 units of work at the rate of 15 units per minute. Today she completed the same units of work but her speedwas 40% faster than yesterday. What is the approximate difference in the time she took to complete the work yesterday and the time she took today ?

7. Three taps R, S and T can fill a tank in 90, 100 and 180 minutes respectively. If all the taps are opened together, then in how many minutes will the tank be filled?

8. A and B working separately can so a 15 days respectively. If they work on alternate days begining with A , in how many days will the work be completed ?

9.  Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?

10. A and B together can finish a piece of work in 12 days while B alone can do it in 30 days. In how many days can A alone finish the work ?