ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 4th dec 2011 ez 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the king of Tondmandalam with a note (42) that the fruit gives long life to anyone who eats them. As the fruits were being shown to the ruler, Rama, giving in to temptation, (43) up one of the luscious peaches and (44) into it. The king was (45). ?You?ve bitten into a fruit (46) for me!? he thundered. ?For this you must die!? As Rama was being taken away by the royal guards he sighed dramatically and exclaimed: ?What a deceitful man the Emperor of China is. He (47) the fruit gives long life. I took just one bite and I am about to die. Oh. what fate (48) the one who eats the entire fruit !? The king was (49) amused by Rama?s wit. He not only (50) him but gave him a dozen of the peaches he had risked his life for.

1). promises
2). directed
3). said
4). told

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Correct answer is: option 1

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Core competencies and focus are now the mantras of corporate strategists in Western economies. But while managers in the

2. ‘Stall’ here means

3. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.This book is adopted to the needs of beginners.

4. In the passage given below there are 7 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank

5. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. The painter has taken three months to complete the painting.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I have not (A)/ met my friend Amit (B)/ from times immemorial. (C)/ no error (D)

7. Fill in the blanks. Although some schools _________ with the suggestion to introduce uniforms, many felt this was too extreme of a measure and began to _________ school dress codes.

8. Which of the phrases (a) (b) (c) (d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence ? If none of the sentence is appropriate mark (e) as the answer

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.To burn the midnight oil

10. What is the substitute of - To give one’s authority to another