ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions : In the following questions, the symbols ?, #, @, ? and $ are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: P ? Q means P is not greater than Q. P # Q means P is neither greater than nor equal to Q P @ Q means P is neither greater than nor smaller then Q P ? Q means P is neit

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: ibps     | ibps po     | ibps po 2013     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Directions : In the following questions, the symbols ?, #, @, ? and $ are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:
P ? Q means P is not greater than Q.
P # Q means P is neither greater than nor equal to Q
P @ Q means P is neither greater than nor smaller then Q
P ? Q means P is neither smaller than or equal to Q
P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusions given below them are definitely true?

Statements U @ N, N $ F, F $ A, A ? R
Conclusions
I. A @ U
II. N ? R
III. R ? U
IV. U ? A
1). Only II is true
2). Only I and II are true
3). Only I, II and IV are true
4). Only III and IV are true

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

U@N means U is neither greater nor smaller than N
means,U=N
N$F means N is not smaller than F
means N>=F
Similarly F$A means F>=A
A€R means A is neither smaller nor equal to R
means A>R
Combining all the inference we get,
U=N
N>=F>=A>R
Conclusion 2 is N€R means N>=R which is definitely true according to the inference drawn from the given statements
Conclusion 1 is A@U means A=U which might be possible because U=N and N>=A otherwise U>A which is stated in 4th conclusion.
Hence option E

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

U@N means U is neither greater nor smaller than N
means,U=N
N$F means N is not smaller than F
means N>=F
Similarly F$A means F>=A
A€R means A is neither smaller nor equal to R
means A>R
Combining all the inference we get,
U=N
N>=F>=A>R
Conclusion 2 is N€R means N>=R which is definitely true according to the inference drawn from the given statements
Conclusion 1 is A@U means A=U which might be possible because U=N and N>=A otherwise U>A which is stated in 4th conclusion.
Hence option E

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each of following questions have the respective statements and related conclusions .you have to take given statement is as correct and answer the following questions

2. In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.?P * Q? means ?P is smaller th

3. In the following questions, the symbols *, $, #, ? and % areused with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P $ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?.`P ? Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P % Q? means P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.P * Q? means

4. In these questions, relationships between clilierent elements is shown irl the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only conclusion I follows.b: if only conclusion II follows.c: if either conclusion 1 or conclusion 11 follows.d: if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.e: if both conclusions I and II follow.

5. In these questions relationships between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions.Mark answer a: if only Conclusion I follows Mark answer b: if only Conclusion II follows Mark answer c: if either Conclusion I or II follows Mark answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II follows Mark answer e: if both Conclusions I and II follow

6. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered Iand II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregar

7. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All paper are files.(II) Some files are pens.Conclusion:(I) No paper is a pen.(II) Some papers are pens.

8. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement:I All astronomers are scientists.Statement:II Some scientists are shopkeepers.Conclusion:I All astronomers are shopkeepers.Conclusion:?Some shopkeepers are astronomers.Conclusion:? Some shopkeepers are scientists.Conclusion:? All scientists are astronomers.

9. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement: Laugh and the world will laugh with you.Assumptions:I. People generally laugh.II. Laughter symbolises happiness.

10. In these questions, relationships between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a:if only Conclusion I followsGive answer b: if only Conclusion II followsGive answer c: if either Conclusion I or II followsGive answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II followsGive answer e: if both Conclusions I and II follow