ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Each of the questions given below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements. Give answer

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 49 | Tags: rbi     | rbi grade b     | rbi grade b 3rd aug 2014     | profit and loss     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

Each of the questions given below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements. Give answer

What is the cost price of article ?
I. A man earns a profit of 20% on selling the article.
II. The selling price of article is Rs. 5016.
1). if the data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.

2). if the data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.

3). if the data in statement I alone or in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
4). if the data in both the statements I and II is not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Clearly, both statements are required.

Let cost price = Rs. $100x$

Selling price after profit of 20% = $\frac{120}{100} \times 100x$

= Rs. $120x$

From statement II : Selling price = Rs. 5,016

=> $120x = 5016$

=> $x = \frac{5016}{120} = 41.8$

$\therefore$ Cost price = $100 \times 41.8$

= Rs. $4,180$

Thus, both statements together are required to answer the question.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Mohan invested Rs. 100,000 in a garment business. After few months, Sohan joined him with Rs. 40000. At the end of the year, the total profit was divided between them in ratio 3 : 1. After how many months did Sohan join the business?

2. There are two websites Flipkart and Amazon who announced the same price of Rs. 999 for an electric kettle. Flipkart offers three successive discounts of 30%, 20% and 10% while the Amazon offers two successive discounts of 30% and 30%. What are the difference in their selling price?

3. The marked price of a shirt is Rs. 1100. The shopkeeper gives 10% discount on the shirt and also informs the customer that if he purchases the shirt by paying through Axis Bank Debit card then he will get some extra discount. If the customer finally pays Rs. 940.5, what is the extra discount rate?

4. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sella It to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs.225/- for It. the coat price of the bicycle for A is:

5.  A shopkeeper sold an article for Rs 2564.36. Approximately what was his profit percent if the cost price of the article was Rs 2400.

6.  The ratio of cost price of two articles was 2:3, by selling getting the gain 10% and 20% then what is the percentage of gain

7.  A man purchases 12 apples for Rs. 8 and sells 8 apples for Rs.12. How much profit does he make?

8.  A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?

9. P has Rs. 42000 and Q has Rs. 56000. If P invest 66.67% of his amount and Q invest 85.71% of his amount to start a business together. Find ratio of profit, they share at the end of the year.

10. A person sold a TV for Rs.9,400 and helost a particular amount. When, he sold another TV of the same type at Rs.10,500, his gain was double the former loss. What was the cost price of each TV