ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Fill up the blanks in the passage given be most appropriate word from the options given for each blanks:Although John Wisdom?s writings in Philosophy show clearly the influence of Wittgenstein, they nevertheless also display a(1) originality. Despite the (2) and difficulty of his style, a careful re

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 1999     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill up the blanks in the passage given be most appropriate word from the options given for each blanks:
Although John Wisdom?s writings in Philosophy show clearly the influence of Wittgenstein, they nevertheless also display a(1) originality. Despite the (2) and difficulty of his style, a careful reading of Wisdom is seldom (3) He is unique kind of genius in Philosophy.This essay is an excellent example of Wisdom?s repeated attempts to (4) the ultimate bases of philosophical perplexity. A great deal of the time Wisdom is (5) interested in finding out why metaphysicians feel (6) to utter such strange sentence e.g. ?Time is unreal?, ?There are no material things?, etc. According to Wisdom such sentences are both false (and perhaps meaningless) and year. (7) Even more than Wittgenstein, Wisdom has stressed the ?Therapeutic conception of Philosophy, a view that comes out clearly in this essay where the emphasises that analogy between philosophical and neurotic distress (8) them with other kinds of problems.The reader who is interested in gaining a fuller (9) with Wisdom?s thought is referred to his famous article ?gods? in Philosophy and Psychoanalysis. Other Minds is most (10) discussion of a single topic and in many ways his finest work.

1). comparison
2). analysis
3). agreement
4). elaboration

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
This question was asked some where in previous year papers of ssc, and correct answer was comparison

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. Ram went home _______ he heard the bells ring.

2. Find out the misspelt word

3. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them. A. Being the attribute of 'strong' countries, mainly belonging to the first world, economic devel

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.A hot spring in which water intermittently boils, pushing a tall column of water and steam into the air.

5. Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning. I was finished with my homework. I went for a walk. I. Having finished my homework II. Being finished my homework Ill. My homework being finished

6. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The man who made Tata Group one of the most prestigious and successful industrial groups in India, Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata, better known as J.

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. The doctor came out of the operation theatre and said that he had done whatever he could have done.

8. If you are fair and square in your work you will definitely prosper.

9. In these questions, some parts of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out speculation is still rife (l)/as to (2)/who will captain the Indian team (3)./No error(4)

10. 1. Indiscriminate industrialization resulted P. as the rural Q. in cities in search. R. in urban migration. S. Poor settled. 6.of opportunities.