ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A boy runs 20 km in 2.5 hours. How long will he take to run 32 km at double the previous speed

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 179 | Tags: mathematics     | time and distance     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

A boy runs 20 km in 2.5 hours. How long will he take to run 32 km at double the previous speed
1). 2 hours
2). $2\frac{1}{2}$ hours
3). $4\frac{1}{2}$ hours
4). 5 hours

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

3 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
2 hours seems correct.

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
The boy covers 20 km in 2.5 hrs => Speed = $\frac{20}{2.5}$ = 8 km/hr New Speed = 16 km/hr Time = $\frac{32}{16}$ = 2hrs

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

May be this answer is right

The boy covers 20 km in 2.5
hours.
 Speed =$\frac{20}{2.5}$= 8 km/hr.

New speed = 16 km/hr

Time = $\frac{32}{16}$ = = 2 hours.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1.  A person goes to his office at 1/3rd of the speed at which he returns from his office. If the average speed during the whole trip is 12 m /h . what is the speed of the person while he was going to his

2. If a man running at 15 kmph crosses a bridge in 5 minutes,the length of the bridge is

3.  A bus covers a distance of 400 km with a speed of 20 km/h. What time is taken by the bus to cover this distance?

4.  A and B start walking at the same time on a circular path with circumference 35 metre. If they walk in the same direction at 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr respectively, after what time will they meet together?

5.  If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to reach the station?

6. A man with $\frac{3}{5}$ of his usual speed reaches the destination $2\frac{1}{2}$ hours late. Find his usual time to reach the destination.

7. Walking at a speed of 5 km/hr, a man reaches his office 6 minutes late. Walking at 6 km/ hr, he reaches there 2 minutes early. The distance of his office is

8. A student goes to school at the rate of $2\frac{1}{2}$ km/hr and reaches 6 minutes late. If he travels at the speed of 3 km / hr, he is 10 minutes early. What is the diatance to the school

9.  The speed of a car increases by 2 kms after every one hour. If the distance travelled in the first one hour was 35 kms. What was total distance travelled in 12 hours?

10. A train 50 metre long passes a platform 100 metre long in 10seconds. The speed of the train in km/hr is