ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the opposite meaning of the given word. Assiduous

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the opposite meaning of the given word.

Assiduous

1). Negligent
2). Expert
3). Dignified
4). Moribund

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The word 'assiduous' means 'hard-working'. The meanings of the words are:

Negligent=> careless

Expert=> a person who is very knowledgeable about or skilful in a particular area$

Dignified=> having or showing a composed or serious manner that is worthy of respect$

Moribund=> in terminal decline$

Thus option 1 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Seeta said to me, "Can you give me your pen "

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the best alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. Curiosity killed the cat.

3. 1. I went to my friend last week . P. He politely refused to oblige me. Q.I did not speak even a single word. R. Actually I wanted his scooter for a day. S.I felt ashamed of myself. 6. I was mistaken in assessing a true friendship.

4. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions that follow the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Computer security is not a problem that technology can solve. Security solutions have a technological component, but security is fundamentally a peop

5. What is the meaning of idiom - A hole and corner policy is never welcomed in a democratic society.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Sam is working (1)/ in a bank in Chennai (2)/ for the past five years. (3)/ No error. (4).

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Redundancy

8. A passage is given below with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The New Deal Congress reacted to the __(A)__ belief that th

9. Directions : Which of the phrases 1, 2, 3 and 4 given below each sentence should replace the word/ phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark 5 as the answer.

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The meeting consisted a plural group of people and they all looked at each other with questioning eyes. The news of their former employee, Arista, be