ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Amiable

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 36 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Amiable

1). Bristly
2). Thorny
3). Prickly
4). Considerate

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Amiable means ''having or displaying a friendly and pleasant manner'' and therefore the only synonym can be ''considerate'' which means ''careful not to inconvenience or harm others.'' So option 4 is correct.

All the other words are completely the opposite in meaning. Literally these words mean ''spiky or thorny'' but they can used to mean ''causing distress, difficulty, or trouble.''

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. I felt as if the ground were .................... beneath my feet.

2. Four words are given, out of which only one word is spelt correctly. Choose the correctly spelt word and click the button corresponding to it.

3. Which of the following ratio is also termed as leverage ratio?

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it.Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Once upon a time a dishonest King had a man call the Valuer in his court. The Valuer set the price which ought to

5. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. My tooth-brush is a thing that haunts me when I’m travelling, and ____________ my life a misery. I _____________ that I haven

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention. Justin's mother had set down the house rules easily. Just the most coldhearted individual would have neglected to see - no tattoos and no body piercings. All thi

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Thanks to medical research (1)/ our lives have become (2)/ healthier and long. (3)/ No error (4).

8. In each question below four words which are A,B,C and D have been printed in bold of which one word may be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the statement. The number of that word is the answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt mark E i,e ?All Correct? as the answer.

9. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. All Greek to me

10. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.Since one can not see every movie, one should be content with making a ______ selection for the awards.