ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If 150 meters long train takes 10 seconds to cross a pole, then what is the speed (in km/hr) of the train?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 16 | Tags: speed time and distance     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

If 150 meters long train takes 10 seconds to cross a pole, then what is the speed (in km/hr) of the train?
1). 9
2). 18
3). 36
4). 54

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Given,

The length of train = 150 m and Time =10 seconds

We know that,

Speed = Distance/Time = 150/10 = 15 m/s = 15 × 3600/1000 = 54 km/hr

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A man can row a boat at 10 km/hr in still water. If the velocity of the current is 2 km/hr. and he takes 2 hours to row to a place and come back. How far is the place?

2. A boat travels 7.5 km upstream and 20 km downstream in 4 hours and 30 minutes. The same boat takes two hours less to travel 10 km downstream and 4.5 km upstream. Calculate the difference in speed of the boat with and against the flow?

3. A man goes to a place at a speed of 20 km/hr and comes back with a different speed. If the average speed is 8 km/hr, then what is the return speed (in km/hr)?

4. If I walk at 5 km/hour, I miss a train by 7 minutes. However, if I walk at 6 km/hour, I reach the station 5 minutes before the departure of the train. The distance (in km) between my house and the station is

5. A boat can travel with a speed of 16 km/hr. in water. If the stream has a speed of 8 km/hr., then find the time taken by the boat to go 336 km downstream.

6. A train running at an average speed of 48 km/hr performs a journey in 6 hrs 30 min. How long would the same journey take if it after crossing 180 kms the speed was reduced to 33 km/hr?

7. From point P, at 6:30 pm, a train starts moving towards Q with the speed of 40 km/hr. Another train starts moving from point Q at 7:30 p.m. towards point P at the speed of 60 km/hr. Both of them meet at 11:30 p.m. at point R. What is the ratio of PR and QR?

8. A 180 meters long train passes a pole in 12 seconds. While it crosses another train which is 100 meters long and coming from opposite direction in 7 seconds. Find the speed of second train.

9. If the speed of a boat in still water is 40 km/hr and the speed of the current is 5 km/hr, then how much time (in hours) will be taken by the boat to travel a distance 180 km downstream?

10. A train crosses a running man who is running at a speed of 7 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going in 15 seconds. The length of the train is 150m.Calculate speed of the train?