ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the following questions, a sentence is given with certain words in bold. Choose the pairs of such words which need to be interchanged so as to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful. However, all of a sudden, my landlord (A) demanded an increase in (B) payment of rent by almost 30 per cent, and (C) evict to disconnect power and water supply and (D) threatened me from the (E) premises if I did not agree to the revision.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 49 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each of the following questions, a sentence is given with certain words in bold. Choose the pairs of such words which need to be interchanged so as to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.

However, all of a sudden, my landlord (A) demanded an increase in (B) payment of rent by almost 30 per cent, and (C) evict to disconnect power and water supply and (D) threatened me from the (E) premises if I did not agree to the revision.

1). A-D
2). B-E
3). B-C
4). A-B

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Words C and D have been interchanged.

(C) :- here ‘threatened’ is the correct word. The meaning of ‘threatened’ is ‘scared, intimidated’. Since the landlord scared the tenant, ‘threatened’ is the suitable word.

(D) :- here ‘evict’ is the correct word. The meaning of ‘evict’ is ‘expel, dislodge’. ‘evict me from premises’ forms a meaningful phrase as the landlord has threatened the tenant to throw out of the house.

Other words are placed correctly.

Correct sentence – ‘However, all of a sudden, my landlord demanded an increase in payment of rent by almost 30 per cent, and threatened to disconnect power and water supply and evict me from the premises if I did not agree to the revision.’

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I and Tina will (1)/ goto the market (2)/ in the evening. (3)/ No error. (4).

2. In a certain code language PROBLEM is written as MPERLOB. How will NUMBERS be written in that code ?

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. The use of irony to mock or convey contempt

4. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate wordIn each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my

5. Rearrange the following six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C),(D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them. (A) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said, ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You?ve al

6. Find out the misspelt word

7. What is the substitute of - Clues available at a scene

8. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan said that consumers are benefiting in a big way from the business of scale with several services in the new technology age coming for free or very cheap, bu

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.When one hears of the incident (1)/ about the plane crash (2)/ he feels very sorry. (3)/ No error (4).

10. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence. A system of naming things