ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question out of the following alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Alleviation

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question out of the following alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Alleviation

1). Content
2). Relief
3). Disown
4). Aggravate

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct word here is 'aggravate.' It means 'make (a problem, injury, or offence) worse or more serious.' This is opposite to the word 'alleviation' which means 'the action or process of making suffering, deficiency, or a problem less severe.' Relief is its synonym.

Content: in a state of peaceful happiness.

Disown: refuse to acknowledge or maintain any connection with

Thus, option 4 is the correct answer. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the phrase/connector from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below. Implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Millions of workers slay their manpower. This sculpture is their piece of art. i. and it is this sculpture that ii. making this iii. causing them to

2. If I were ........... . I wouldn't accept such treatment.

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A government by the military class

4. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) Speculations , on future events in the epidemiology, evolution, and biological expression of dengue are presented.(B) At the roo

5. In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer. Mats Palmberg, Vice President for industrial partnerships at Saab, said sh

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Depreciate

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Marie Curie was one of the most accomplished scientists in history. Together with her husband, Pierre, she discovered radium, an element wide

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word JEST

9. Each sentence below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the words that best fit the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said to me. " What can I do for you"