ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, two columns are given containing a connector and three phrases each. In the first column, the phrases are A, B, and C, and in the second column, the phrases are D, E, and F. You have to make a meaningful sentence using the connectors in the starting and from the phrases of

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, two columns are given containing a connector and three phrases each. In the first column, the phrases are A, B, and C, and in the second column, the phrases are D, E, and F. You have to make a meaningful sentence using the connectors in the starting and from the phrases of both the columns. There are five options, four of which display the sequence(s) in which the phrases with the connectors can be joined to form a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. If none of the options given forms a correct sentence after combination, select 'None of these' as your answer.       

Column (1)          Column (2)
On the one hand             but on the other hand
(A) Saurabh likes cooking.       (D) she loves studying.
(B) Manjhri is a scholar        (E) she is leading the life of an unmarried woman.
(C) Kritika is married.    (F) he hates devoting time to it.

1). A-D
2). C-E
3). A-F and C-E
4). C-F and B-E

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The correct answer is option 3, i.e. A-F and C-E.

Rule: 

'On the one hand' and 'but on the other hand' is used when you are comparing two different facts or two opposite ways of thinking about a situation.

For example: On the one hand I'd like a job that pays more, but on the other hand, I enjoy the work I'm doing at the moment.

Similarly, in the given question, sentence A and F, and sentence C and E make a pair.

The sentences made are,

1- On the one hand Saurabh likes cooking, but on the other hand he hates devoting time to it.

2- On the one hand Kritika is married, but on the other hand she is leading the life of an unmarried woman.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) deceits looted /(B) the house and before /(C) the police arrived /(D) the things were taken away. /(E) No Error

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.They did nothing (1)/ that was down the (2)/ dignity of princes.(3)/No Error (4)

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select 'no improvement'.Those films (being) made now.

4. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.My brother is indifferent (about) whatever I say.

6. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. I do not care about what the (1) world think of me because (2) the only factor I care about (3) is what I think of myself. (4) No error (5)

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Sanguine

8.   Years later I moved to a/an  A - country that had well-connected  B - buses, subways and tram systems  C - old city on the east coast of the

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in direct/indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in indirect/direct speech.  Tarun said, "I will be leaving the place next month."

10. Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction required, mark (E) as the answer.