ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. COPIOUS

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

COPIOUS

1). Parole 
2). Loquacious
3). Penurious
4). Dearth

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct option - 4

Firstly, let's find out the meaning of 'copious' :- Something which is in large quantity.

Now, find the meanings of all the options :-

Parole - The conditional release of a person prior to the end of the maximum sentence given to him.

Loquacious - Talkative; chattering.

Penurious - Extremely poor; misery.

Dearth - Scarcity; lack in quantity.

Clearly, dearth is the most opposite word in meaning. Hence, option 4 is the correct answer. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Extant

2. 1. Early to bed , early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. P. But for the morning tea , I had to wait for someone to, get up before me. Q. This saying inspired me to rise early. R. That day I was the first to get up. S. One day I got up early in the morning. 6. One day I realised that it was a waste of time to get up early and wait for the morning tea.

3. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.Everyone of us should endeavour to ______ the miseries of the poor.

4. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. A Russian proverb advises us not to buy a house but the neighbourhood. While till some years ago it was impossible to ?dictate? w

5.  To get down to brass tacks

6. Below, a passage is given with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. It’s now been several years of Independence. But eve

7. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. Mr Kumaraswamy claims that the BJP is trying to buy off some of his newly elected state legislators for 1bn rupees each.

8. What is the substitute of - An extract from book of writing

9. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there Is no error, the answer is e: i.e. No Error?, (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if

10. In the passage given below there are 8 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank