ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word. Insolent

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 28 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.

Insolent

1). Shy
2). Sorrowful
3). Happy
4). Rude

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Correct option - 4

Firstly, let's find out the meaning of "insolent" :-showing a rude and arrogant lack of respect.

Clearly, option 4 i.e. rude is the most similar in meaning. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, two columns are given containing incomplete sentences. In the first column, the phrases are (A), (B), and (C), and in the second column the phrases are (D), (E), and (F). You have to match the phrases of column (1) with those of column (2) and make grammatically and contex

2. Select the word with the correct spelling.

3. In each of the following question four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in the meaning Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination by darkening the appropriate oval in your answer sheet

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phraseSomething widely feared as a possible dangerous occurrence.

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Neither Ted nor Johan are going.

6. Which of the following phrases (I), (II), and (III) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold letters to make the sentence grammatically correct? Choose the best option among the five given alternatives that reflect the correct use of phrase in the context of the grammatically correct sentence. If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (e) i.e., ?No correction required? as the answer.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He walks (1)/ as if the earth (2)/ belonged to him. (3)/ No error (4).

8. Select the synonym of digression

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.As a person who beleves (1)/ that honesty is the best policy (2)/ I feel that politics are not my cup of tea. (3)/ No error (4).

10. the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Sahil said to me, "Where will you go this holiday?"