ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which among the following is a service offered by the depositories in India? I. Maintenance of the record of securities held in the electronic form  II. Settlement of trades by delivery or receipt of securities from / in the beneficiary owner account  III. Pledging of dematerialized shares and facilitating loans against such securities 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 16 | Tags: banking financial awareness     | awareness about securities market     | Add Bounty

Which among the following is a service offered by the depositories in India?

I. Maintenance of the record of securities held in the electronic form 

II. Settlement of trades by delivery or receipt of securities from / in the beneficiary owner account 

III. Pledging of dematerialized shares and facilitating loans against such securities 

1). Both II and III 
2). Only II
3). Both I and III
4). Both I and II 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The services offered by the depositories can be summed up as follows:

• Opening a demat account of the investors. 
  • Dematerialization and rematerialization of shares. 
  • Maintenance of record of securities held on behalf of the beneficial owners in the demat accounts. 
  • Settlement of off-market trades between beneficiary owners. 
  • Pledging of dematerialized shares and facilitating loans against such securities. 
  • Receiving electronic credit in respect of securities allotted by issuers under the IPO route or any other route 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit: