ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. The instructor's rules were simple. Breathe through your mouth, not your nose; else the mask will fog up. Easier said than done; I got it wrong

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.

The instructor's rules were simple. Breathe through your mouth, not your nose; else the mask will fog up. Easier said than done; I got it wrong many a time. But once you fought habit and got the hang of it, the panoramic underwater world revealed itself to you with high-definition clarity.

Led by him, I slowly peered through the mask into what till then was crystal-clear water, shimmering in the sunlight. I saw pebbles, sand and my fluid shadow. I was in Nemo's universe. Sea cucumbers, sea anemone, clown fish, star fish, sea horses, parrot fish, butterfly fish and a bevy of colourful salt water fish swam past. A shoal of canary-yellow fish did a merry dance and another with vibrant blue fish followed it. They were oblivious to the snorkelers who struggled to take in the sight of a world so beautiful, so colourful, and resist opening their mouth wide in amazement; the tube would fall off!

The writer is describing her experience of which activity?

1). Fishing
2). Snorkelling
3). Boat ride
4). Long distance swimming

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Snorkeling is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped breathing tube called a snorkel. It is evident in above mentioned excerpt that the writer is talking about it, as can be seen through the phrases like,$ breathe through your mouth, not your nose; else the mask will fog up,$ peered through the mask into what till then was crystal-clear water, Nemo’s universe, etc.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention. Justin's mother had set down the house rules easily. Just the most coldhearted individual would have neglected to see - no tattoos and no body piercings. All thi

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Being in awe of them,(A)/ the young man followed(B)/their direction to a tee(C)/No error(D)

3. He travelled all ............. the world when he was eighty years old.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I went there (1)/ with a view to survey (2)/ the entire procedure. (3)/ No error (4).

5. Fill in the blanks with the word that makes a logical meaning in both the sentences. The police were ____________, and Sherlock Holmes was called in to investigate. One of the exam questions _____________ me completely.

6. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the five options given, select the most logical order to form a coherent paragraph / sentence. 1. We have P. to maintain Q. established R. a new  S. regulatory authority 6. global standards

7. Read the following passage to answer the given questions based on it. Some words/ phrases are printed in ??bold?? to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The e-waste (Management of Handling) Rules, 2011 notified by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, have the potential to

8. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part (which has the error) is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. Apart of pigeons, (1)/ his great love was art (2)/ and in 1891 he got a job (3)/ as a drawing teacher at a college. (4)/ No error (5).

9. Which of the phrases at a, b, c and d. given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mar* e: as the answer

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word Suspicion