ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. I was at my tennis club a while ago with my kids, who are great players. I’m a great ball boy at best. A man who I guess would be in his early seventies comes up to me and starts a conversation. Interesting pe

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage.

I was at my tennis club a while ago with my kids, who are great players. I’m a great ball boy at best. A man who I guess would be in his early seventies comes up to me and starts a conversation. Interesting person. Lived a rich life so far. After a few moments, he closes his eyes and smiles. I ask: “What’s going on?” His reply was unforgettable: “Oh, nothing much. It’s just that I’m really into breezes.” Perfect. In this age of wanting more, needing more and having more, it was so refreshing to hear someone speak of the simple pleasures of life. I need to be clear: I have nothing against material things. Contrary to popular belief, "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" isn’t a manifesto against making money and enjoying the good life. My main message there was simply “remember what’s more important to leading a great life.” Drive a BMW, wear Prada, stay at the Four seasons and earn a ton of money if these are things that make you happy. Life is certainly full of material pleasures that really do make the journey more delightful. No need to feel guilty about enjoying them. But please don’t forget about those basic but beautiful treasures to be loved along the way. Like deep human connections, realizing your best through fulfilling work, exploring the world and experiencing the glory of nature – like a sensational sunset that fills your soul or a full moon set against a star – filled sky.  Some of life’s best pleasures are its simplest ones. Enrich your life with more of them and your heart will be happy. And you can start with sweet breezes.  

Which of the following words is opposite in meaning to the word 'enrich'? 
1). Augment
2). Develop
3). Enhance
4). Deplete

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Enrich means 'improve or enhance the quality or value of.' So the opposite word must be something that means 'decreasing.' So the correct word is 'deplete.' Deplete means 'diminish in number or quantity.' The other words are the synonymous to the given word. $

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out the misspelt word

2. Which of the following words/phrases (1), (2), (3), and (4) given below in the statement should replace the phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and ‘No Correction is required’, mark (5) as the answer. The expert was very interesting in this candidate and recommended him as an employee in the firm.

3. Select the synonym of nutritious

4. Select the synonym of gaudy

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.a person who is not accepted by a social group, especially because he or she is not liked, respected, or trusted

6. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in ??bold?? type is given. These are numbered as (A), (B), (C)and (D). One of these four words may be either ??wrongly spelt or inappropriate?? in this context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate , if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the four words correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark (E) i.e.,??All correct? as your answer.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) When asked, he /(B) took tea /(C) and said that it /(D) tasted sweetly. /(E) No Error.

8. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word from among the given options Ever since the MD has taken the ________of the company, business has risen dramatically.

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The naughty boy usually is seen (A)/ wandering here and there (B)/ with his friends. (C)/ No error (D).

10. A man of straw