ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The teacher said, 'The Earth revolves around the sun.'

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 74 | Tags: change of speech     | ssc cgl tier 1 08 08 2017 shift 2     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The teacher said, 'The Earth revolves around the sun.'
1). The tea cher said that the Earth is being revolving around the sun.
2). The teacher said that the Earth revolves around the sun.
3). The teacher said that the Earth revolved around the sun.
4). The teacher said that the Earth had been revolving aroun d the sun.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
The teacher said that the Earth revolves around the sun.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. The driver of the bus (1)/ had been honking (2)/ continued throughout the journey. (3)/ No error (4)

3. .............. knocking at the gate, he demanded admission.

4. Which of the phrases a, b, c and d. given below should replace the phrase given in bold in each of the following sentences to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mark 'e' as the answer.

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word Rapid

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.  Withdrawn

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I and my friends performed the task (A)/ as good as we could, (B)/ however it did not turn out to be satisfactory. (C)/ No error (D)

8. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. A high tempered woman always ready to fight

9. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.  (Hardly nothing) was offered to the victims of the earthquake.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) You can trust / (B) this agency /(C) for the last news /(D) of this week. (E) No Error.