ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The accused said to the judge, 'Let me meet my children before I die, sir.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 67 | Tags: change of speech     | ssc cgl tier 1 18 08 2017 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The accused said to the judge, 'Let me meet my children before I die, sir.
1). The accused requests the judge to let him meet his children before he died
2). The accused requested the judge to let him meet his children before he died
3). The accused begs the judge to allow him to meet his children before he dies.
4). The accused begged the judge to let him meet his children before he dies.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
option 2 : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. COPIOUS

2. What is the synonym of word .Tribulation

3. Select the antonym of beleaguer

4. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark ‘No error’ as your answer. Gina received a Bharat Ratna for her skills in Badminton.

5. In the following question a part of the question is given in bold. It is then followed by three sentences which try to explain the meaning of the phrase given in bold. Choose the best set of alternatives from the five options given below which explain the meaning correctly without changing the meani

6. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) Thus rapid development is still unable to meet demand.(B) Surplus funds from hikes in passenger fares and cuts in staff have mad

7. Read the passage and answer the questions. Domestic crude oil production fell for the fourth straight year in 2015-16, even as oil consumption rocketed 11%, pushing up India's import dependence. A collapse in oil prices coupled with a rapid economic growth has helped push up oil consumption at

8. What is the substitute of - Operation of the body after death

9. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. My brother finds it difficult (1)/ to pass away the time (2)/ at our grandparent's house. (3)/ No Error (4)

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom / phrase. Ship has sailed