ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All pilots are brave men.(II) All astronauts are pilots.Conclusion:(I) All astronauts are brave men.(II) Some pilots are astronauts.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 36 | Tags: statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | ssc chsl tier 1 20th january 2017 shift 1     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.
Statements:
(I) All pilots are brave men.
(II) All astronauts are pilots.
Conclusion:
(I) All astronauts are brave men.
(II) Some pilots are astronauts.
1). Conclusion I follows
2). Conclusion II follows
3). Neither I nor II follows
4). Both I and II follows

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Right Answer for this question is Both I and II follows

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statements: Some cars are buses.All cars are caves.Conclusion: ?. Some caves are not buses?.Some caves are buses?. No cave is a bus?. Some caves are cars

2. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even ifhey seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) Some bags are hot.(II) All hot things are cakes.Conclusion:(I) All cakes are bags.(II) All bags are cakes.

3. In these questions, relationships between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only conclusion 1 follows.Give answer b: if only conclusion II follows.Give answer c: if either col-i elusion I or conclusion II follows.Give answer d: if neither coil elusion 1 nor conclusion 11 follows_Give answer e: if both cone elusions 1 and II follow.

4. In the following questions the symbols @,$, $$\bigstar$$, ? and # are used with the following meanings as illustrated below:?P$$\bigstar$$Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q? ?P$Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q. ?P@Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q? ?P ? Q? me

5. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance fromcommonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disrega

6. In each of the following questions, a statement is given followed by two conclusions/ assumptions. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have todecide which of the given conclusions/ assumptions, if any, follow from the given statement.

7. In each of the questions below, two statements are given followed by two conclusions numbered 1 and II. You have to take the two statements to he true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given sta

8. In these questions, relationship between dif erent elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer :a: If only conclusion I is true.b: If either conclusion I or II is truec: If only conclusion II is true.d: If neither conclusion I nor II is truee: If both conclusions I and II are true.

9. In the following questions, the symbols @ #. $. %, * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P @ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P # Q? means ?P is greater than or equal to Q?.P $ Q? means `P is neither greater than nor less than Q.?P % Q? means ?P is less than Q?.?P * Q ? mea

10. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two Conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows disregarding commonly know