ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).It is quite tough to declare which candidate will win the presidential election.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 39 | Tags: sentence improvement     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl 2014     | Add Bounty

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).

It is quite tough to declare which candidate will win the presidential election.
1). predict
2). augur
3). portend
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
predict : - is correct hence option 1

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions : Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words / phrases have been printed in BOLD to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. The great recession hasn't been g

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.. Refulgent

3. Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning to the word primed in bold as used in the passage.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Two of my intimate friends /(B) called on me /(C) on yesterday when I was /(D) away from home. /(E) No Error.

5. Choose the correct meaning of the idiom. Cash in the chips

6. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.He had already sent me message (A) / that his arrival (B) / was scheduled for Thursday (C) / No error (D)

7. Find out the misspelt word

8. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. First read the Passage over and try to understand what it is about. Then fill in the blank with the help of the alternatives given. There___8___ in the city of Ujjain a very poor tailor ____9____ Ramphal. As he was very poor, he __10_____to live and work in one little room with his wife and___11_____ three small children. The children fought___12____ each other and made so much noise.

9. Choose the word which is most nearly the same in meaning as the word/group of words printed in bold.

10. Instructions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.President Barack Obama?s recent stat