ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 48 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 19th august 2017 shift 1 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the grosbeaks,the orioles, the tanagers, the humming-birds, _____________ many of the sparrows. ____________ of the purple and bronzed grackles (the latter are _______________ seen on the plains of Colorado, but are not common), the Rockies boast of Brewer's blackbird, _______________ habits are not as prosaic as his name would indicate.
____________ of the purple and bronzed grackles
1). Beside
2). Next
3). Instead
4). Near

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Instead : option 3 is the correct answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group ofsentences (A), (B), (C), (D). (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form ameaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) All the labourers and the soldiers turned around and saw a but just a fewsteps away from the palace gate.(B) T

2. Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

3. Find out the misspelt word

4. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words have been suggested, one of which fills the blanks appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Amid rumours of the government planning a

5. Fill in the blank in the sentence given below with the correct option. Delhi is very hot and dry. My grandparents ______. I wish they _____ in a cooler place.

6. I 'll be able to do my Job very well when I know the ropes .

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Gloat

8. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been ??numbered??. These ??numbers?? are printed below the passage against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words without changing the meaning of the passage.Capital invest

9. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Once upon a time, a bed bug had made its home inthe g

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives , choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word . INFRUCTUOUS