ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his son

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: ibps     | ibps rrb     | ibps rrb assistant 29th sep 2013     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a (2) in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away. The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in autumn. When they had all gone and come back, he (3) them together to (4) what they had seen. The first son said that the tree was ugly. bent, and twisted. The second son said. ?No! It was covered with green buds and full of promise.? The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that (5) so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had (6) seen. The last son disagreed with all of them: he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment. The man then (7) to his sons that they all were right, because they had each seen but only one (8) in the trees life. I le told them that you (9) judge a tree, or a person, by only one sea son, arid that the (10) of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that comes from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are over.

(7)
1). tell
2). leaked
3). reprimanded
4). stood

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.  My brother has a (A)/ fear of trains and (B)/ therefore, he (C)/ always travels in plane. (D)/ 

2. The child did not approve ....... the father's plan

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.Amrutananda was a well-known and rich landlord in his village. He and his wife were both cunning and extremely sly. They ma

4. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' How then could I avoid my Destiny, that has decried that I should love and hate just as you do? A. have decried that I must B. has decreed that I must C. has decried that I shall

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The archaeological site of El Tajin, located in the present-day Mexican State of Veracruz, is remarkable for many reasons. The site boasts many buildings, temples, palaces and ball courts, but the most impressive of

6. Read the passage and answer the questions. Domestic crude oil production fell for the fourth straight year in 2015-16, even as oil consumption rocketed 11%, pushing up India's import dependence. A collapse in oil prices coupled with a rapid economic growth has helped push up oil consumption at

7. Read the passage given below and answer the questions given below the passage. Mother died today. Or, maybe, yesterday; I can’t be sure. The telegram from the Home says: YOUR MOTHER PASSED AWAY. FUNERAL TOMORROW. DEEP SYMPATHY. Which leaves the matter doubtful; it could have been yesterday.

8. In the given passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered.Against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. According to a new study from an international consortium, ...(23)... up technology in the classroom does

9. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. A lever that is operated with foot

10. In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted: Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence: