ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question given below certain symbols are used with the following meaning:A@B means A is greater than B A*B means A is either greater than or equal to B A#B means A is equal to B A$B means A is either smaller than or equal to B A+B means A is smaller than B Now in each of the following questio

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 67 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2007     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question given below certain symbols are used with the following meaning:
A@B means A is greater than B
A*B means A is either greater than or equal to B
A#B means A is equal to B
A$B means A is either smaller than or equal to B
A+B means A is smaller than B
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true find which of the two conclusions I, II given below them is/are definitely true.
Give answer (a)if only conclusion I is true
Give answer (b)if only conclusion II is true
Give answer (c)if either conclusion I or II is true
Give answer (d)if neither conclusion I nor II is true
Give answer (e)if both conclusions I and II are true.

Statements: B+D, E$T, T*P, P@B
Conclusions:I.P$D II.P@D
1). if only conclusion I is true
2). if only conclusion II is true
3). if either conclusion I or II is true
4). if neither conclusion I nor II is true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The statements are :

B < D , E $\leq$ T , T $\geq$ P , P > B

Combining above inequalities, we get :

P, D > B & T $\geq$ P, E

The conclusions :

P $\leq$ D [cannot be determined]

P > D [cannot be determined]

Relation between P & D cannot be established.

Thus, both conclusion I & II are not true.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The statements are :

B < D , E $\leq$ T , T $\geq$ P , P > B

Combining above inequalities, we get :

P, D > B & T $\geq$ P, E

The conclusions :

P $\leq$ D [cannot be determined]

P > D [cannot be determined]

Relation between P & D cannot be established.

Thus, both conclusion I & II are not true.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. We (has finished) our lunch half an hour ago.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) He not only comes /(B) here for shopping but also for /(C) having a glimpse of /(D) the extremely beautiful sales girl./(E) No Error.

3. What is the meaning of idiom - he made light of his mother's advice for not watching to the TV late in night.

4. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Raising effective primary and district-level coverage of mental health services for the general population, without requiring peo

5. Find out the misspelt word

6. Find out the misspelt word

7. It is a labour of love and the result of painstaking research. Chikankari - A Lucknawi Tradition by Paola Manfredi, an Italian, is a book that shows her close and long association with the craft. Lucknow’s chikankari is known across the world yet very little research or documentation has been don

8. Arrange the sentences in the correct order and answer the following questions. A.It ranks 131 of 188 countries on the U.N. Development Program's Gender Inequality Index.  B.The problems in India are not limited to villages and uneducated people — the behavior of outspoken criti

9. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  I expect you to deal with the matter _________

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Be careful; the steps are very slippery" , I warned him.