ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

33 vote

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said, "Can you sing" And I said, "No".

Asked on by | Votes 33 | Views: 118 | Tags: english     | change of speech     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said, "Can you sing" And I said, "No".
1). He asked me that could I sing and I refused.
2). He asked me if I could sing and I said that I couldn't.
3). I denied, when he asked me if could sing.
4). He asked me if I could sing and I said no.

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

23 vote
Answered by on | Votes 23 |
He asked me if I could sing and I said that I couldn't. is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.The ship with its crew gone to the bottom of the sea.

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them.Management is a set of processes that can keep a complicated system of people and technology running smoothly. The most important aspects of management i

3. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option.If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Are not your father (1)/ and your elder brother (2)/ out of town? (3)/ No Error (4)

4. In the following question, out of the given alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. During the initial tryouts it seemed as if Bryan had about a snowball's chance in hell to make the team.

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the question.India is rushing headlong towards economic success and modernisation counting on high-tech industries such as infor

6. What is the antonym or opposite of word Negligent

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.'Bring me a cup of coffee' said Nita to her mother.

8. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. I hope that I shall win this dance competition.

9. Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word FACILITATE