ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

36 vote

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer . If there is no error, the answer is (E) i.e.No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation if any)

Asked on by | Votes 36 | Views: 229 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi associate clerk 2011     | spotting errors     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer . If there is no error, the answer is (E) i.e.No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation if any)

A cash prize was (A) / award to the most (B) / successful salesman of the year (C) / by the president of the company (D) No Error (E)
1). (A)
2). (B)
3). (C)
4). (D)

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

25 vote
Answered by on | Votes 25 |
Solution

The sentence describes the event that happened in past. Hence past tense of the verb 'award' i.e 'awarded' must be used.

The correct sentence will read as: A cash prize was awarded to the most successful salesman of the year by the president of the company.

Join Telegram Group

38 vote
Answered by on | Votes 38 |
Solution

The sentence describes the event that happened in past. Hence past tense of the verb 'award' i.e 'awarded' must be used.

The correct sentence will read as: A cash prize was awarded to the most successful salesman of the year by the president of the company.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.The ______ of the hour was some fast action on the part of the leaders.

2. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I thought I knew London like the back of my hand but these new roads have confused me.

3. What is the synonym of word .CANTANKEROUS

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said. " What a lovely voice she has !"

5. In the following passage, there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each,five word are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Day dreaming is often overlooked as a proper dream an

6. IN each question below a sentence with four words printed in ??bold?? type is given. These are numbered as (A), (B), (C) and (D). One of these four words printed in ??bold?? may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word, which is wrongly spelt or inap

7. What is the active/passive of - I saw him leaving the house .

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I could not put up at a hotel (1)/ because the board and lodging charges (2)/ were too expensive.(3)/ No error (4).

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Both the mother-in-laws welcomed the newly weds with garlands of flowers.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.A large majority of the poor in India are outside the formal banking system. The policy of financial inclusion sets out to