ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Choose the best word that fits in the meaning of the sentences to make grammatical coherent.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 64 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2014     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the best word that fits in the meaning of the sentences to make grammatical coherent.

I. A troubled student and his PhD guide ........... a way for websites to reduce the incidence of spam which troubled internet users in the 2000s.
II. One of the biggest drawback of concrete is that it often develop cracks and scientists have now .......... self-healing concrete.
1). create
2). devised
3). develop
4). thought

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Here devised, develop and invent mean same thing.
However, usage of 'devised' is most appropriate.
The gramatically correct sentences would read as:
I. A troubled student and his PhD guide devised a way for websites to reduce the incidence of spam which troubled internet users in the 2000s.
II. One of the biggest drawback of concrete is that it often develop cracks and scientists have now devised self-healing concrete.
Option B is correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. 'Phew,' said I, grabbing X-cheerfully round my head Y-at the halo of flies Z-which buzzed

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Flowers embellishment the beauty of our surroundings.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I have (l)/seen her only once (2)/ but I’m liking her a lot. (3)/No error (4).

4. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.Do you intimidate your younger brothers?

6. Select the word which can be substituted In place of the given phrase. -Birds of same species flying together

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The most important part in life is to be humble.

8. I don't know why she has become stand-offish recently.

9. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each The snowstorm was getting worse. White flakes whirled around us as we fought our way against the wind. I had almost given up hope of sheltering, when we found an abandoned log cabin in fro