ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

A contract is to be completed in 50 days and 105 men were set to work, each working 8 hour a day. After 25 days, 2/5th of the work is finished. How many additional men should be employed so that the work may be completed on time, each man now working 9 hour a day?

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 222 | Tags: time and work     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

A contract is to be completed in 50 days and 105 men were set to work, each working 8 hour a day. After 25 days, 2/5th of the work is finished. How many additional men should be employed so that the work may be completed on time, each man now working 9 hour a day?
1). 34
2). 36
3). 35
4). 37

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Answer: C) 35

35 is correct answer. 

According to the formula,

$ \Large \frac{M_{1}D_{1}T_{1}}{W_{1}} $= $ \Large \frac{M_{2}D_{2}T_{2}}{W_{2}} $ 

Given, $ \Large M_{1} $ = 105,$ \Large D_{1} $ = 25,$ \Large T_{1} $ = 8,$ \Large W_{1} $ = $ \Large \frac{2}{5} $

Now, let the additional men be x.

Then, $ \Large M_{2} $ = 105+x, $ \Large T_{2} $ = 9,$ \Large D_{2} $ = 25

and $ \Large W_{2} $ = $ \Large  1-\frac{2}{5}=\frac{3}{5} $

On putting these values in the above formula,

$ \Large \frac{105\times 25\times 8}{2/5} $=$ \Large \frac{(105+x)\times 25\times 9}{3/5} $

=> $ \Large \frac{105\times8}{2} $=$ \Large \frac{(105+x)\times 9}{3} $

=> $ \Large 105\times4 $=$ \Large (105+x)\times3 $

=> $ \Large 105\times 4 $=$ \Large 105\times 3+3x $

$3x=105$

$x=35$men

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A tap can fill a tank in 20 minutes. If a leakage is capable of emptying the tank in 60 minutes, the tank will be filled in 

2. A and B can do a given piece of work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days and A, B, C complete it in 6 days. Number of days required to finish the work by A and C is

3.  A and B can do a job together in 7 days. A is 13/4 times as efficient as B. The same job can be done by A alone in

4. In the given questions, two quantities are given, one as Quantity I and another as Quantity II. You have to determine relationship between two quantities and choose the appropriate option.a: If quantity I ? quantity IIb: If quantity I > quantity IIc: If quantity I < quantity IId: If quantity I = quantity II or the relationship cannot be established from the information that is givene: If quantity quantity II

5. A can do $\frac{1}{6}$ of a work in 5 days and B can do $\frac{2}{5}$ of the work in 8 days, in how many days, can both A and B together do the work ?

6. A can do a piece of work in 12 days and B can do it in 18 days. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. How long will B take to finish the remaining work ?

7. A tank can be filled by two taps X and Y in 5 hrs and 10 hrs respectively while another tap Z empties the tank in 20 hrs. In how many hours can be tank be filled, if all 3 taps are kept open?

8. A, B and C can finish a job working alone in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. They all work together for 1 day, then A and B quit. How many days C working alone will take to finish the remaining part of the job?

9.  A is thrice as good a workman as B and therefore is able to finish a job in 60 days less than B. working together, they can do it in

10.  10 men can prepare 20 toys in 12 days working 15 hours a day. Then in how many days can 24 men prepare 32 toys working 20 hrs a day?