ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

A and B can do a job together in 7 days. A is 13/4 times as efficient as B. The same job can be done by A alone in

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 264 | Tags: quantitative aptitude     | time and work     | Add Bounty

A and B can do a job together in 7 days. A is 13/4 times as efficient as B. The same job can be done by A alone in

A). (A's 1 day's work) : (B's 1 day's work) = 7/4 : 1   =   7 : 4.

B). Let A's and B's 1 day's work be 7x and 4x respectively.

C). Then, 7x + 4x = 1/7     =>     11x = 1/7     =>     x = 1/77 .

D). Therefore A's 1 day's work = ( 1/77 x 7 ) = 1/11  = 11 days

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

(A's 1 day's work) : (B's 1 day's work) = 7/4 : 1   =   7 : 4.

NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the given questions, two quantities are given, one as Quantity I and another as Quantity II. You have to determine relationship between two quantities and choose the appropriate option.a: If quantity I ? quantity IIb: If quantity I > quantity IIc: If quantity I < quantity IId: If quantity I = quantity II or the relationship cannot be established from the information that is givene: If quantity quantity II

2. Painter A can paint a house in 40 days and Painter B can do it in 60 days. With help of C, they did the job in 20 days only. Then, C alone can do the job in

3. 3 boys can do a piece of work in 18 days. 6 girls can do the same piece of work in 18 days. In how many days, 4 boys and 4 girls together will finish the work?

4. A can do 1/3rd of a work in 5 days and B can do 2/5th of this work in 10 days. Both A and B, together can do the work in

5. A can work 6 times faster than B and takes 40 days less than B to complete the work. In how many days does A and B individual can complete the work?

6. L alone can do a work in 100 hours. M alone can do the same in 150 hours. L, M and N together can do the same work in 30 hours. In how many hours can N alone do the work?

7. A and B can do a piece of work in 10 days. B and C can do it in 12 days; C and A in 15 days. In how many days will C finish it alone?

8. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days and 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, then the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys to do the same type of work will be :

9.  A can finish a work in 24 days, B in 9 days and C in 12 days. B and C start the work but are forced to leave after 3 days. The remaining work is done by A in

10. 10 men working 6 hours a day can complete a work in 18 days. How many hours a day must 15 men work to complete the same work in 12 days ?