ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and in case no changes are required, select 'No Improvement' as the correct option. He wanted all the plans he presented to go past in the meeting. A. to go through B. to go down C. to go up

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and in case no changes are required, select 'No Improvement' as the correct option.

He wanted all the plans he presented to go past in the meeting.

A. to go through

B. to go down

C. to go up

1). Both A and B
2). Both A and C
3). Only A
4). Only C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The sentence shows that the person wanted to get his plans cleared in the meeting.

This can be replaced by the phrase 'to go through' which too means to be officially accepted or approved.

The phrases 'to go down' and 'to go up' does not signify the above meaning accurately.

Thus, only A is a good replacement and option 3 is correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The en-or, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e: i.e. ?No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

2. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Mother said to me, "Will you come here and help me?"

3. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Of all the forts (1)/ that I’ve visit in India, (2)/ Daulatabad Fort is my favourite. (3)/ No error (4)

4. He was the bad egg in the family.

5. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order. P: This discipline is characterized by several concepts and approaches that are used by psychologists in understanding human behavior. Q: The field of psychology can be described as a discipline that focuses on the study of mind and behavior.

6. Which of the following phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required? , mark (E) as the answer.

7. Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for the following sentence, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.  I had chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

8. Directions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/ phrases are suggested, on of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case.Greenhouse gases are o

9. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Let’s move to the crackling topic of the SC’s firecracker ban in Delhi. Like me and millions of other children raised in India, Masaba must have celebrated Diwali with new clothes, sweets

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Puneet said, 'I have been reading a story book'.