ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: The question below consists of a question and three statements numbered I, II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. How many daughters does P have? I.   B and D are sisters of M. II.  M’s father T is husband of P. III. Out of the three children, whom T has, only one is a boy.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 85 | Tags: blood relations     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Directions: The question below consists of a question and three statements numbered I, II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question.

How many daughters does P have?

I.   B and D are sisters of M.

II.  M’s father T is husband of P.

III. Out of the three children, whom T has, only one is a boy.

1). Only I and III
2). All I, II and III are required to answer the question.
3). Only II and III
4). Question cannot be answered even with all I, II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

4 vote
Answered by on | Votes 4 |
  1. B and D are sisters of M. ⇒ from statement I: B, D and M are siblings where B and D are females.
  2. M’s father T is husband of P. ⇒ from statement II: T is father of M. P is wife of T and P is mother of M.
  3. Out of the three children of T, only one is a boy. ⇒ from statement III: T has only one son.

On combining, I and II statement:
B,D and M are siblings (where B and D are females); T and P are M’s parents where T is father and P is mother.
⇒ T is father, P is mother. Their kids are B (daughter), D (daughter) and M (gender unknown)
We can’t find the answer with this information.

On combining I and III statement
B, D and M are siblings (where B and D are females); T has only one son.
We cannot find the answer with this information because relation of P is not defined.

On combining statement II and III:
T is father of M and P is mother of M; Out of the three children of T, only one is a boy.
This means T has only 1 boy child and 2 girl children. Since P is wife of T, P has 2 daughters.

Hence, only statement II and III are required to answer the question.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Pointing to a woman, a girl says,'She is mother of the only child of my father-in-law.' How is the woman related to the girl?

2. Chanda is the wife of Bharat. Mohan is the son of Chanda. Ashish is the brother of Bharat and father of Dhruv. How is Mohan related to Dhruv?

3. There are eight members in a family. Harshat is son of Vipan who is husband of Kajal. Naresh is father-in-law of Kajal. Naresh has three sons and no daughter. Raju and Kaju are siblings. Naresh and Sakshi are married to each other. Harshat has no sibling. Akash is nephew of Vipan and Kaju. How is Sakshi related to Akash?

4. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow: ‘M + N’ means ‘M is father of N’‘M % N’ means ‘M is mother of N’‘M @ N’ means ‘M is husband of N’‘M - N’ means &lsquo

5. A man introduces a lady as the daughter of the daughter of the father of his uncle. His uncle has only one sibling. The lady is the man’s_________

6. Mohan said 'This girl is the wife of grandson of my mother'. How is Mohan related to that girl?

7. Pointing to a person Neha said, “He is the brother of my father’s grandson’s mother. If the person has no children than how is Neha related to that person?

8. Pointing to a photograph, Mira tells her husband, “This woman is the only daughter of your son’s maternal grandmother.” How is Mira’s husband related to the woman in the photograph?

9. Direction: Read the information carefully and answer the following questions : ‘A # B’ means ‘A is the daughter of B’ ‘A © B’ means ‘B is the brother of A’ ‘A = B’ means ‘A is the sister of B’ ‘A & B’ me

10. Sally and Harry were walking past the river. Looking to him Sally said to a stranger, “His mother is the friend of my maternal uncle’s mother. How is Sally related to Harry?