ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

25 vote

10 women can do a piece of work in 6 days, 6 men can do same work in 5 days and 8 children can do it in 10 days. What is the ratio of the efficiency of a woman, a man and a child respectively?

Asked on by | Votes 25 | Views: 307 | Tags: time and work     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

10 women can do a piece of work in 6 days, 6 men can do same work in 5 days and 8 children can do it in 10 days. What is the ratio of the efficiency of a woman, a man and a child respectively?
1). 4 : 6 : 3
2). 4 : 5 : 3
3). 2 : 4 : 3
4). 4 : 8 : 3

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

21 vote
Answered by on | Votes 21 |

Work done by 1 women in 1 day is 1/10 × 1/6 = 1/60

Work done by 1 men in 1 day is 1/6 × 1/5 = 1/30

Work done by 1 children in 1 day is 1/8 × 1/10 = 1/80

⇒ Ratio of their efficiencies is 1/60 : 1/30 : 1/80

∴ their efficiencies are in ration 4 : 8 : 3
Accepted Answer

Join Telegram Group

Other Questions

1. If 12 furnaces consume 13 tonnes of coal in \(6\frac{1}{2}\) hours, how long will 7 furnaces be consuming 14 tonnes?

2. A can complete a work in 6 days while B can complete the same work in 12 days. If they work together and complete it, the portion of the work done by A is

3. In the given questions, two quantities are given, one as Quantity I and another as Quantity II. You have to determine relationship between two quantities and choose the appropriate option.a: If quantity I ? quantity IIb: If quantity I > quantity IIc: If quantity I < quantity IId: If quantity I = quantity II or the relationship cannot be established from the information that is givene: If quantity quantity II

4.  Two pipes A & B can fill a tank in 80 min & 60 min.. There is also an outlet C. If all three pipes are opened together, the tank takes 40 min to fill completely. How much time will C take to empty the

5. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 10 days, 20 days and 15 days respectively, working alone. How soon can the work be done if A assisted by B and C on alternate days?

6.  A man is paid 20 for each day he works and forfeits 3 for each day he is idle. At the end of 60 days he gets 280. Then, he was idle for

7. A and B can do a piece of work in 30 days while B and C can do the same work in 24 days and C and A in 20 days. They all work together for 10 days when B and C leave. How many days more will A take to finish the work ?

8. 3 women and 18 children together take 2 days to complete a piece of work. How many days will 9 children alone take to complete the piece of work if 6 women alone can complete the piece of work in 3 days?

9. A certain number of men can do a piece of work in 45 days. If there were 6 men more, the work can be finished 18 days earlier. The number of men working is

10. P can do a work in 10 days. Q can do the same work in 15 days. If they work together for 5 days, how much of the work will they complete?