ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. A stroke of luck

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences.

A stroke of luck

1).

Flew

2).

Flute

3).

Fluke

4).

Flu

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The correct meanings of the words are:

1.            Flew – move through the air using wings

2.            Flute – a musical instrument

3.            Fluke – stroke of luck

4.            Flu – an acute viral disease

Fluke directly substitutes the phrase in the given question, making option 3 as the correct response. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage and answer the questions based on it. My only work is to give you a clear-cut idea how you can become more conscious; I call it meditation. Working. walking, sitting. . . . I don’t believe what others call meditation; that for ten minutes or 20 minutes you do it and

2. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered – form 0 to 4 and that Mat

3. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said, "As your mother is ill, you must leave at once."

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The firm buys frozen seafood in bulk, packs it into smaller pouches and then they sell them to the local grocery stores.

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.His mother hoped that(A)/Bunty would grow up to be(B)/the wise and famous man.(C)/No error(D)

6. What is the synonym of word .AVARICE

7. Directions : Which of the phrases 1, 2, 3 and 4 given below each sentence should replace the word/ phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark 5 as the answer.

8. In each of these questions, two sentences (I) and (II) are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words a:, b:, c:. d: and e: are suggested. Out of these. only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Number of that word is the answer.

9. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order. The economic P: a country leads to exponential Q: growth of that country R: empowerment of women of 

10. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. To pound the pavement