ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. Excessively lengthy speech

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence.

Excessively lengthy speech

1). Concision
2). Verbiage
3). Curt
4). Succinct

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
From the given options, ‘concision’ means minimizing words, ‘verbiage’ means extremely lengthy speech, ‘curt’ represents something rudely brief, and ‘succinct’ means something that has been shortly expressed. From the given options, ‘verbiage’ clearly makes the one-word substitute for the given question. $

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out the misspelt word

2. What is the synonym of word .Paradox

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I read (1)/ a great deal of (2)/ books.(3)/ No Error (4).

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.India is rushing headlong toward economic success and modernisation, counting on high- tech industries such as i

5. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.If you do well in this exam next year then my efforts ______ successful.

6. What is the correct alternative of - I got up early so that I could cover most of the distance before noon.

7. What is the substitute of - Branch of medicine concerned with children and their illness.

8. Out of the given options, choose the sentence, which, in your view, is the most grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning or the context of the sentence must not change.

9. Directions: Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.(A) The group desired to enhance the learning experience in schools with an interactive digital medium that could be used

10. Choose the part of the sentence that contains a grammatical error. Ignore errors in punctuation. Choose option 5 if there is no error.