ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

25 vote

Select the antonym of eternity

Asked on by | Votes 25 | Views: 157 | Tags: antonyms     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 2nd february 2017 shift 1     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

Select the antonym of
eternity
1). perpetuity
2). yonder
3). aeon
4). ephemeral

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

31 vote
Answered by on | Votes 31 |
option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

28 vote
Answered by on | Votes 28 | | Last Updated: 2021-08-07 11:46:34

ANSWER : 4). ephemeral

EXPLANATION :

●Eternity means unending time.

●Perpetuity means the state of lasting forever. 

●Yonder means far distance.

●Aeon means very long period of time. 

●Ephemeral means lasting for a very short time.

Therefore, Ephemeral is the opposite of Eternity .

Accepted Answer

Other Questions

1. From the bottom of my heart

2. Rearrange the following eight sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F), (G) and (H) in the proper sequence to form ameaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.(A) Both Ram and Sham realized their mistake and were ashamed about what they had said.(B) Vivek happe

3. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.Misappropriation of money

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in ??bold?? to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.As increasing dependence on information systems develops, the need for such system to be reliable and secure

5. She broke down in the middle of her speech.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) The programme was /(B) almost fixed and it was /(C) my friend 's insincerity that upset the whole /(D) thing and disappointed us. /(E) No Error.

7. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. Planting seeds

8. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Euthanasia or mercy killing is the bringing about of the gentle death of a patient in the case of a painful, chronic and incurable disease. It is a p

9. Directions: Read the following passage and answer the questions given below? Hours after a devastating fire at a rooftop restaurant at Kamala Mills in Mumbai claimed 14 lives, the city’s official machinery swung into belated action. The Mumbai police filed a case against the restaur

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The Principal asked me whether I had informed the Chief Guest the revised schedule the day before.