ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer, if there is no error, the ?Answer is e: i.e., ?No Error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 11th dec 2011 ez 2nd shift     | spotting errors     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer, if there is no error, the ?Answer is e: i.e., ?No Error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

When we visited his office (a) / we found that (b)/ he was sipping coffee (c)/ with some of his colleagues. (d)/ No Error (e)
1). When we visited his office
2). we found that
3). he was sipping coffee
4). with some of his colleagues

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the question given below, a sentence has been divided into five parts out of which the first part is given in bold. Each question is followed by five options which give the sequence of the rearranged parts. Choose the option that gives the correct sequence. If the sentence is already arranged or

2. Which of the pl rascs a:, b: c: and d: given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed In bold in the sentence to make a grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark e: as the answer.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The only bad thing about this flowers (A)/ are the pollen (B)/ which causes allergy in many people. (C)/ No error (D)

4. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order. The President of   P. stepped down after Q. Zimbabwe has finally  R. a reign of over 35 years

5. In the following question, a word has been given. Choose the sentence(s) in which it is used correctly and if all the sentences are correct then choose Option 5. Prudent (A) A prudent money manager would authorise a loan without knowing its purpose. (B) Isn't seeking medical or scientific help a prudent course to take? (C) Even though my aunt thinks it is hard to quit smoking, she knows it is a prudent decision to stop the bad habit.

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.The candidate was so ignorant that the officer was (compelled for asking) him to leave.

7. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark the remaining i.e. the error less combination as your answer. Among the 7-8 voters who's photos (A)/ were found tampered with (B)/ was Narad Rai, former minister in (C)/ the Samajwadi Party government. (D)   

8. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. We are fresh out of cakes so I called her up.

9. Which of the following is most similar in meaning to the word given in bold as used in the passage.

10. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below :(A) Competitiveness is being restored. Greece has enjoyed a bumper tourist season. This year should see the first GDP growth a