ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.

1).

The oxen were grazing in the nearby field

2).

The oxen was grazing in the nearby field

3).

An oxen was grazing at the nearby field

4).

An oxen was grazing in the nearby field

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Oxen is plural while ox is singular. $Hence the following verb must also be plural according to the Subject-Verb Agreement rule, i.e. a plural verb must follow a plural subject and a singular verb must follow a singular subject. $

The correct preposition to be used is 'in’ which expresses the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.$

Hence the correct answer is option 1.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.After knowing truth, (1)/ they took the right decision (2)/ in the matter. (3)/ No error (4).

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.They yearly festival was close at hand: The store room was packed with silk fabrics, gold ornaments, clay bowls full of swe

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.She is confident (1)/ to win the gold medal (2)/ this time. (3)/ No error (4).

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I went to the temple (1)/ with my parents, my aunts (2)/ and my cousin sisters (3)/. No error. (4).

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Most of the employees had no (1) in the oil industry.

6. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.It is __________ university of excellence.

7. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. The criminal tried to _________ with the stolen money. A) Corner B) Decamp C) Accost D) Abscond

8. Given below is a passage with five blanks (A-E). A word written in bold is given against each blank. If the give word is inappropriate, choose the word from the options which fills the blank most appropriately, else select ‘No improvement’ as your answer. French President Emmanuel Macro

9. A sight for sore eyes 

10. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' He had sworn that h