ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I've been so sleep deprived lately that it feels like I've lost my marbles!

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I've been so sleep deprived lately that it feels like I've lost my marbles!

1). Lose some dear one
2). Become insane
3). Lose something precious
4). Suffer calamity

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Correct option - 2

If you say that someone has $lost their $marbles, you mean that their ideas or behaviour are very strange, as if they have become insane. $

The meaning of 'insane' :- A person who is in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behaviour, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.$

Thus, option 2 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Let us have a heart to heart talk to so Ive this problem.

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.  It was by real sorrow (1)/ that I heard this morning (2)/ of your great loss. (3)/ No error

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The decision of the Lok Sabha to send the national medical commission bill to a standing committee for a re-look is the right one. First proposed in

4. What is the antonym or opposite of word APPRECIATION

5. In the following passage, there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each,five word are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Day dreaming is often overlooked as a proper dream an

6. What is the synonym of word .Effect

7. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) I know I will be /(B) compelled to leave this house /(C) this week which will be /(D) very disadvantageous for me. /(E) No Error.

9. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word Guzzle  

10. Choose the correctly spelt word.