ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If 4pxy = (x + 2y)2 - (x - 2y)2, then what will be the value of p?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 47 | Tags: algebra     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

If 4pxy = (x + 2y)2 - (x - 2y)2, then what will be the value of p?
1). 0.5
2). 0.25
3). 4
4). 2

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

(a + b)2 - (a - b)2 = 4ab

⇒ (x + 2y)2 - (x - 2y)2 = 8xy

⇒ 4pxy = 8xy

⇒ p = 2

∴ p = 2

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. 3x2 – 14x + 11 = 0 II. 4y2 + 25y – 21 = 0

2. Factorise $24x^{2} - 54x - 15$

3. In each of these question two equations I & II with variables a & b are given You have to solve both the equations to find the values of a & b Mark answer if a) a<b b) $$a\leq b$$ c) relationship between a & b cannot be established d) a>b e) $$a\geq b$$

4. Direction: In the following question, two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and given answer. I. x2 = 961 II. y = √961

5. Sum of Rs. 18.45 is made up of 90 coins which are either 10 paise coins or 25 paise coins. Find ratio of number of 10 paise coins to the number of 25 paise coins.

6. Directions: In the following questions, two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and give an answer. I. a2 + 16a + 55 = 0 II. b2 + 7b + 12 = 0

7. If 5 - x > 1 + 3x and 5 + 5x ≥ 2 + 2x, then x can take which of the following values?

8. D is any point on side AC of $\triangle ABC$. If P, Q, X Y are the mid points of AB, BC, AD and DC respectively, then the ratio of PX and QY is

9. If θ>0 , be an acute angle , then the value of θ in degrees satisfying $\frac{\cos^{2}θ-3\cosθ+2}{\sin^{2}θ}$ =1 is

10. ABCD is a cyclic trapezium whose sides AD and BC are parallel to each other. If $\angle ABC$ = $72^{0}$, then the measure of the $\angle BCD$ is