ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.After a noisy and tumultuous supper, we __________ for the day.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 42 | Tags: ssc cgl tier 1 31 09 2016 shift 2     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.
After a noisy and tumultuous supper, we __________ for the day.
1). retirement
2). retiring
3). retired
4). retire

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Answer for this question is retired

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

2. I don't think the law will interfere with us as we are just trying to turn an honest penny .

3. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In Afghanistan, severe drought and conflict have ________ more than 2,50,000 people, according to UNHCR, the U.N. refugee agency.

4. In the question below, a sentence is given with a portion, a phrase or a group of words marked in bold. Choose the best replacement for the underlined portion to make the sentence meaningful and grammatically correct. He didn't want to be written off as another normal human being; he wanted to leave his mark on the world.

5. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).When Rahul handed his homework, he forgot to give the teacher the last page.

7. What is the substitute of - Something which is imagined to be real but actually does not exist

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.People who live on (1)/ glass houses (2)/ should not throw stones. (3)/ No error. (4).

9. In the lowing passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed beiow the passage and against each, live words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropri ate word in each case. Today experts all over the world are of the opinion

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Ascend